Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancellation of a partial leg

agarcia69
Explorer C

Is it possible to cancel a flight from a leg?  I have a flight ticket booked with rewards points with a returning flight that has a stop and I need to catch a new flight from that stop and not complete to the second flight on the same leg.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancellation of a partial leg

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

I would call customer service rather than trying to do it online.  Hopefully the wait is not too bad on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, but if you can wait until tomorrow, the call might be answered quicker.

Re: Cancellation of a partial leg

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Southwest's software may flag you for departing on your new flight during your current flight resulting in automated cancelation, which could prevent you from using the "hidden city" aproach....definitely best if you can make the change official. One issue will be that to rebook the first leg if the current price is much higher than originally booked, hopefully it is far enough out that the price is similar.

Obviously if you wanted to check bags you'll need to re-book, whether you change the destination w/ layover or if you buy separate one-ways (allow extra time for this to check bags).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.