Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled connecting flight

pittsttop
Explorer C

My connecting flight from Phoenix (447) @ BWI flight 2063 on 6/21/21 was cancelled and re-booked by the airline for 6/23/21. This was unfortunately unacceptable and the agents were only able to provide a telephone number 855-234-4654. I had to be home on the 21st so wound-up taking Amtrak from BWI which cost me an additional $115 and the Long Island railroad $18. The agent at the airport was also unable to provide a reason why this flight was cancelled she stated "perhaps it's inclement weather?". Is Southwest responsible for refunding the portion of the flight that wasn't used and the travel expense incurred to travel from BWI to Long Island not to mention the inconvenience of the experience? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cancelled connecting flight

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@pittsttop wrote:

My connecting flight from Phoenix (447) @ BWI flight 2063 on 6/21/21 was cancelled and re-booked by the airline for 6/23/21. This was unfortunately unacceptable and the agents were only able to provide a telephone number 855-234-4654. I had to be home on the 21st so wound-up taking Amtrak from BWI which cost me an additional $115 and the Long Island railroad $18. The agent at the airport was also unable to provide a reason why this flight was cancelled she stated "perhaps it's inclement weather?". Is Southwest responsible for refunding the portion of the flight that wasn't used and the travel expense incurred to travel from BWI to Long Island not to mention the inconvenience of the experience? 

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Yes, Southwest should refund the value of the cancelled flight. If you haven't done so, cancel the flight on the 23rd.. If it leaves and you have not done so, you will be considered a no show and you will get nothing.

As far as reimbursing the additional costs - probably not.  You could contact customer relations and explain how inconvenienced you were and ask for a voucher for your trouble.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355