Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelled flight

Fransheskaqd
Explorer C

So I had a southwest flight round trip from  sju and Cle I wanted to used all the point i had accumulate to buy the flight I was short on half of them I wanted to pay the difference in cash but SW won’t allow me they make you go through  a 3rd party company. I was okay fine. I did, but they ended cancelling my flight and  then I was rebooked on a flight 4 days after. I can not make change to my itinerary since I ready expend so much money for the day I was supposed to leave. I asked for a refund in cash of the money but they don’t allow it. So funny i had to flight with another company a go and expend more money. Why customer have to suffer when the airline cancel the flight. I want a refund in cash and you refuse to give it. Retuning my point don’t work for me because I only bought those to take the fight you cancel. I wish I had never do it. Terrible company. Never again. I going to cancel my stupid card reward program. Rather travel with someone else. As a crusty I should be able to get a refund the same way I bought it. Take the point out of my account and gave my money back. Of course you won’t have them back. $484 that the went to waste in the middle of a pandemic. Pathetic company.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancelled flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Sorry to hear this situation for you. In the future or for others reading the thread using points to book a flight is great because you can be refunded your points if you cancel the flight. However buying points is a separate process from ticketing and may not be a great value - I’d consider it mainly if you needed a few points to complete a fare, but if you will be spending any significant amount then just buy tickets and earn points.

The points go through a third party and aren’t refundable - as opposed to buying a flight directly which may be refundable if the airline cancels the flight. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Cancelled flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can see my response in your other post.  Please don't double post.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/SW-Cancelled-my-flight-not-refund/m-p/110580/highli...

--TheMiddleSeat