Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Cancelling a flight

snowpig32
Explorer C

My employer used our business credit card to purchase airfare for 2 of our employees (Wanna Get Away).  I understand that the tickets are non-refundable and may be used up to one year.  One of the two employees no longer works here and we want to cancel her flight but I can't not find directions on how to do so.  Any help would be appreciated on how to complete this process.

FYI: both tickets were purchased at the same time using the same credit card and we only want to cancel one of the travelers tickets.

Thanks-Mary

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancelling a flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Do you have the confirmation from the flight, or was that only sent to the former employee?

You should be able to cancel with the six-digit confirmation code and first and last name.

However generally the credit would be good for a year to the same person, so you will probably need to call customer service and explain the whole scenario to adjust the credit for use by someone else.

I'd have your billing card handy to refer to as well, in addition to the confirmation.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Cancelling a flight

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Explaining the scenario won't help, as tickets are non-transferrable, so no adjustment would be made.

Once expired, they can request the funds be reissued as a voucher, minus a fee of $100.