Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Car seat assistance

Hdoyle
Explorer C

I’m traveling solo with my 20 month old. Will a flight attendant help me insert the car seat? (Yes, he has his own seat) I only have so many hands and a very active toddler who doesn’t sit still. Just trying to figure out how to make it all work smoothly. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Car seat assistance

Scrappinginont
Explorer C

I don’t believe they will.  I’m not even sure it is allowed for safety reasons.  When my daughter was that age I put her in an Ergo carrier as I boarded/disembarked from planes.  Also freed up my hands as I needed a hand for the car seat and another for our carryon luggage.

Re: Car seat assistance

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Hdoyle wrote:

I’m traveling solo with my 20 month old. Will a flight attendant help me insert the car seat? (Yes, he has his own seat) I only have so many hands and a very active toddler who doesn’t sit still. Just trying to figure out how to make it all work smoothly. Thanks! 

Helping with the car seat is probably not allowed - a fellow passenger might be a better option for that if you make chit-chat with people in line with you and someone is comfortable to do it.

However the FA can probably try to entertain your kid for a minute while you get things put together - handling people is their domain.

Depending how active he is and if he's a little Houdini or not, I recommend the CARES harness if your little guy meets the size/weight requirements instead of a car seat on the airplane.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.