Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Car seat bag

cibisme
Explorer C

Hello! When I travel with my infant next week I'd like to purchase a SWA car seat bag. Can I be pretty sure my SWA airport counter will have them available for purchase? (SEA airport)

I was contemplating buying one on Amazon to make sure I have it - but have heard good reviews of the SWA one. I just don't want to show up to the airport and find out no bags are available.

Also, does SWA sell bags for strollers too, or just the car seat/base?

Thanks,

Christine

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Car seat bag

AshleyMainz
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @cibisme

Welcome to the Southwest Airlines Community! The Southwest-branded bag can be used for a car seat or stroller and yes, it can be purchased at the ticket counter. I know @sarahsmith has shared some great advice for travelling with kids in the Community, so she may have some firsthand experience to share. 

Anyone else have experience using the Southwest-branded car seat/stroller bag? 

Have a great trip!

Ashley

Ashley
Community Manager
Southwest Airlines Community

kikileep434
Explorer C

Hi - my husband and I are traveling with our baby the weekend before Christmas.  We have to change planes, so is it better to check our carseat when we check our bags or better to check it at the gate?  We have to have the carseat, so I want the safest option to guarantee we have it when we arrive at our final destination.  Thank you!

sarahsmith
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Hi cibisme!

Congrats on your trip! For the holiday, I assume. 🙂

I don't typically use a car seat bag because my travel car seats are inexpensive and have no foam, so I don't keep them as protected as I would my everyday seats. The SWA bag looks pretty great for the cost though! I hadn't even heard of it before your post, so great!

The only thing I would add is to be sure to read your car seat manual, it's likely that you won't need to bring the base with you, unless you choose to for ease of use at your destination.

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your trip!

Sarah