Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Carry-on size?

Bearsfan1
Explorer C

My bag is 17x14.25x8.74.  The SW size limit is: 10x16x24.  Do they go by adding the 3 up?

24=50 inches total

Mine

9=41 inches.  Does that mean my bag would be OK by 9 inches?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Carry-on size?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Bearsfan1

I'm not sure I exactly understand the question. Have you traveled yet with the bag?

senoritamj3
Explorer C

I've travelled often with my bag that was an inch taller, yet smaller in other dimensions  than the scale by the door when you board. And this week was singled out, and condescendingly told I had to check it and should never carry it on.  3 other suitcases identical to mine went on and I was pulled aside and imconvenienced. One I checked it and then was incorrectly told I had to pay, I finally got on the plane only to wait for this guy with an oversized bag repeatedly try to shove his wide bag in the overhead. It was not the best ending to am already bad interaction in SWA Houston this week lost some of my loyalties to SW.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Do you have a picture or link to the bag online? Otherwise it would be difficult for us to weigh in with any specific advice, or comment why bags that appeared similar would be allowed. Did you have other carry-ons as well?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.