Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Change in price of tickets

ricedv
Explorer C

I just recently bout 6 round trip tickets. If prices change and are cheaper can i get refunded the difference?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change in price of tickets

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@ricedv ,

I think cash or credit card refunds depend on  how long it has been booked and what type of fare (Anytime/Business Select vs Wanna Get Away).  But even if no cash/credit card refund, you can get “travel funds” which are basically Southwest Credits that you can use to book another ticket within a year from the original purchase date. 

See if this string of replies hyperlinked below helps you out on changing the ticket or you can always give customer service a call at 1-800-435-9792. 

You might also want to search travel funds on these boards but the key is to write it down and keep track of them yourself.  They do not show up in your Rapid Rewards/Southwest account.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Price-drop-and-early-bird-check-in/...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ricedv wrote:

I just recently bout 6 round trip tickets. If prices change and are cheaper can i get refunded the difference?

One clarification over @CareforNOLA and the referenced thread - if these are six trips for yourself then great!

If this is you traveling on one trip with five other people, the travel funds will be separate for each passenger in their name, for their use within a year of purchase date.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

Excellent point, @DancingDavidE .  Not everyone buys “in bulk” like I used to — every time the schedule opened, I was getting one per week for all the new time periods that became available.  Thanks for clarifying.