Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing Reservation

niagara73
Explorer C

Hi,

new here...

I recently booked a flight for myself, my wife and 2 daughters.  I now may have to cancel that trip.  My hope was to re-book another flight, this time for just my wife and I as my daughters are unable to come.  Am I able to use the entire credit or just mine an my wife's?  I've heard different things.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Changing Reservation

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

If you booked a Wanna Get Away fare then you will only be able to use your credit and your wife's credit on the new reservation as travel funds are passenger specific. The funds will be on the original confirmation number. Your daughters' credit will remain under their name and will only be able to be used for a new reservation for them.

niagara73
Explorer C

Thank you.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

To add to what @basslaw2010 said the credit for your daughter will expire one year from the original purchase date of this ticket so if she rebooks a new flight it will keep this old expiration date should she have to cancel again on the new flight. But you won't be able to use her credits on yourself. 

also if you still want to take the trip just without your daughter you can call reservations and they can split the daughters off and cancel them so you don't have to cancel and rebook as fares may have changed and that way you won't have to pay more if the price has gone up since you booked. If you would like to split them off and cancel just them you can call reservations at 800-435-9792. 

Hope this helps

Blake 

niagara73
Explorer C

Thanks Blake,

it does.