Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Changing last name on ticket

jsousa
Explorer C

Hi - I tweeted @southwest and got nothing back.  I have also tried to email my marriage certificate and license and nothing. I have a flight in May and need to change my name.  I also booked a flight with my married name and want to add it to my rr account.  Please help! 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jsousa

There's a major storm system affecting many of our flights in the Midwest and New England, so our Customer Service Representatives are working around the clock to reaccommodate Customers. Usually we're pretty quick to respond on Twitter, but because of the extra volume it's taking just a little longer than normal. You should hear back from us in the next 1-2 business days. I know it's frustrating to wait - we really appreciate your patience.

angelavinson
Explorer C

I see these messages are from 2017. Does the advice given still apply for 2019? I'm in this same boat where work booked me a trip for a business meeting and they put it in my maiden name since that's what our work system still has listed. Thanks!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@angelavinson wrote:

I see these messages are from 2017. Does the advice given still apply for 2019? I'm in this same boat where work booked me a trip for a business meeting and they put it in my maiden name since that's what our work system still has listed. Thanks!

Yes, all of the previous advice on this subject should be viable. Do you have a little time until your flight?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

njw
Explorer C

Is there a way to do this on FB too?  for those of us without a twitter account.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@njw,

Yes, you can send us a private message on Facebook and we'll be able to assist you there as well. 

Dancercilla
Explorer C

Can the name change via twitter or Facebook also be applied for companion pass? I'm on my husbands companion pass, I have a flight booked as his companion to mexico in October. My companion pass and RR is currently under my maiden name but my updated name change is on my passport. 

dsnyder74
Explorer C

Hello - I just spoke to a customer service rep about changing my name on my account and 2 existing reservations.  She provided me the information to change on the account, but told me I will not be able to change it on my existing reservations even though I have the necessary documentation and TSA has already updated my PreCheck account with my new name.  

I see from what's been shared in this forum that she might not be correct about that.    If I change my name on my RR account, will it change on my existing reservations?

Thanks,
Dana

Re: Changing last name on Rapid Rewards

skinzie
Explorer C

Hello.  

I saw your feed where people contact southwest via twitter or facebook to get their rapid rewards name changed due to Marrige.

I reached out via twitter but not sure how the response will be.  Can i get my name changed as i've see done in this community forum?  

Sue

Re: Changing last name on Rapid Rewards

skinzie
Explorer C

well that was fast.  It already was completed!   Thank you southwest for such fast service!!!