Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Changing last name on Rapid Rewards

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I was about to say something went wrong if you had time to post this message, the twitter response is quite fast.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Changing last name on ticket

seansm0m
Explorer C

Contacting SW on Twitter was the easiest and fastest for me. I found this thread and contacted them and it got done everything done within an hour. I had travel funds to use under my previous name, so I had to book my ticket first, then change my name on my RR account. All I had to do was send an image of my drivers and marriage license and they took care of the rest.

jortega10
Explorer C

Trying to change last name on my wifes ticket as we were recently married. Tickets were bought prior. I have sent all info to the required southwest email but have not heard anything back yet. Can anyone tell me how long this usually takes? we fly out here soon!!! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@jortega10 I'd suggest a follow up call to confirm Southwest received the information. Have you already changed names on all accepted identification? If not, use the ID with the old name which matches the ticket. A list of identification TSA will accept can be found here: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

--TheMiddleSeat

jortega10
Explorer C

Thank you @TheMiddleSeat. I will give them a call and verify they received the proper documents. We have changed names on all accepted documents, that is what is starting to concern me. I appreciate your feedback and will continue to try and get a hold of them. Thank you!!