Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing outbound destination

chrissyko
Explorer C

I'd like to change my outbound destination on my roundtrip ticket. When I sign-in to go through the Change Flight process, the destination selections are greyed out, and I cannot change it.  Is this not possible?

I do not want to affect my return flight, so the cancel feature doesn't work for me. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changing outbound destination

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

@chrisskyo

Sorry to hear of the complexity in the change.  It might not help at this time ... to you and other Luv flyers I use one-way tickets 98% of the time -- much more flexiblity all the way round. I have even had SWA lower one of my fares after purchase.

Stagecoach to 737

@16fseataFFBK

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You're able to select the flight you want to change, but unable to search for a new flight? In my experience (which has only been with one way flights) when you select change it brings up a whole new search that you can put any city/date into. If you don't have that option and as this is a round-trip booking, you'll probably need to call to get it done. Southwest will most likely have to split the reservation into two PNRs then change the outbound flight. Shouldn't be a problem, except for the long time waiting on hold. 

chrissyko
Explorer C

Thank you!!! I did have to call to get it done. My destination city was consistently grayed out, and the agent explained that it might be because there are so many city choices in Florida they don't want a user to make a mistake, so force the call. 

All taken care of, but did have to do it over the phone.