Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

*Child Lost Samsung Tablet in Blue Case*

APATNAUDE
Explorer C

I have already filed a claim on Southwest website for my 9 year old daughters lost tablet. This tablet was left on the last flight in the evening of 04/27/19 that arrived at Boston Logan airport at 11:15pm from Nashville, TN .My child was sitting in seat 23c, and had it in the pocket with the flyers and magazines of seat 22c right in the pocket. My daughter had falled asleep after setting it in the pocket, and once we landed she forgot to grab it. Unfortunately my child, spouse, and baby were in that row, and I was in the very last row behind them and did not realize she never put the tablet back in her backpack nor did I double check before exiting the plane. The plane crew followed us off the plane as we were the last ones to get off the plane, and had stated the cleaners were going to be coming onto the plane to clean it since it was the last flight of the evening for the plane. She had a pair of orange ear bud headphones plugged into it. This device is a white samsung tab a, however it is in a completly enclosed blue case with a black boarder around it where it seals the front and back case together. It also has a pattern lock code to enter into the device. If anyone can please contact me if they have found it, I would really appreciate it. My daughter would love to have it back as it was a birthday gift from her grandmother. Thanks again. This was the exact tablet in its case.
Jennifers Tab A.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: *Child Lost Samsung Tablet in Blue Case*

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Filling out the claim form is the best thing to do. Since you've done that now you unfortunately have to wait and hope they match your claim up with the found item. It does take some time so be patient, but a number of people here in the Community have reported getting their lost item back so stay optimistic.

--TheMiddleSeat

APATNAUDE
Explorer C

Thank you! I am definitly staying positive in hopes it gets returned or found. I have seen positive outcomes with other people that have gone through a similar situation. Thanks again. Take care.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@APATNAUDE definitely also enter the serial number for the device on the form if you have not already done so.  I am aware of two recent reports of happy reunions for other customers when they included the serial number:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Left-laptop-on-plane-Microsoft-Surf...

and

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Lost-and-found/m-p/81442/highlight/...

Customer | Home airport DCA

APATNAUDE
Explorer C

I will do that for sure by getting the box this evening that I saved from when she first got it, and will update the claim and post. Now if the tablet is in a full enclosed case similar to an otter box... will they remove it to view the serial number? I saw the positive outcomes from others whom have left items on the plane and have gotten them back, so I am trying to stay positive and really hope someone comes forward, or it gets found.

Thank you!

SWDigits
Aviator A

@APATNAUDE wrote:

Now if the tablet is in a full enclosed case similar to an otter box... will they remove it to view the serial number?

I would hope so but don't know...

Customer | Home airport DCA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@APATNAUDE wrote:

I will do that for sure by getting the box this evening that I saved from when she first got it, and will update the claim and post. Now if the tablet is in a full enclosed case similar to an otter box... will they remove it to view the serial number? I saw the positive outcomes from others whom have left items on the plane and have gotten them back, so I am trying to stay positive and really hope someone comes forward, or it gets found.

Thank you!

I think they would open it if it was preliminarily a match. The serial number seems to be a defninitive method of matching property to its owner. 

If the tablet is connected and you have ability to ping it such as FindMyiPhone that seems to also help in some cases.

If you search the community I had previously posted a number you can call there as well during daytime hours only.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.