Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Christmas 2022 Reimbursement

samantha5757
Explorer C

I submitted my receipts with Southwest on 1/3/2023. I still have not received any communication regarding the approval of my expenses after being stuck in Nashville for 4 days because of Southwest after Christmas. 

Southwest CEO said 90% of people have been reimbursed and the remaining 10% will follow in the next few days. Well that was a few days ago. 

I try contacting Southwest and wait times on the phone are 2 hours?? I try submitting an email/complaint and I get an automatic message from Southwest saying "You should already have received separate communication regarding your reimbursement request" 

That is false. 

Anyone else still waiting on their reimbursement or finding it impossible to get an actual update?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Christmas 2022 Reimbursement

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, I am waiting patiently.  If you did not get a case number when you originally submitted the claim you may want to resubmit the claim.  I have also received automated updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays that say the claim is still in queue.  If you are not receiving those I would consider resubmitting.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Btw, the claim you are referring to was 90% of people have received refunds for canceled flights, that does not refer to reimbursements. I'm not aware that any percentage of reimbursement claims has been published.

--TheMiddleSeat

DaveinPA
Explorer C

Yes, patiently.  

Not stopping me from booking three other flights with them so far

floridaguy
Aviator C

It appears that the report published by the CEO is inaccurate.

I got a kick out of a passenger who received someone else's luggage.  I guess it counted as returned even if it was the wrong passenger.

Cancelled_Vacay
Explorer C

I received a response for a fraction of my reimbursement claim after 2 weeks, with no explanation as to why.

Having still not heard anything regarding Gesture of Goodwill credits, I submitted a second question/comment regarding the 25000 Rapid Rewards credits promised by Bob Jordan. One week after that submittal I received what looked like an automated reply stating that my reimbursement claim had already been responded to, but did not address Gesture of Goodwill.

After going through the online process for 3 weeks with very little progress, I bit the bullet and called. Wait time was about 45 minutes and it then took an hour with the customer service representative to create a new Case Number. I was told to expect a response in 5 to 7 working days. I was also given the option between email or phone communication. In the process I was also provided $250 LUV Vouchers for everyone in my party.

The customer service representative was very kind and professional. While I am not overly pleased with the Southwest holiday meltdown, it is certainly not the fault of rank and file employees.

if you made it to the end of this, my recommendation is to deal with the long hold time, as the online system does not seem to be working.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Expect a complete housecleaning including the CEO.  

kv
Explorer C

So far SW has not refunded me for my cancelled flights on 12/26/22, nor have they reimbursed me for the rental car to drive 7 hours to another airport, nor have they reimbursed me for the hotel that night and the flights on Delta the next day.  They have placed bits of money back on my credit card that make no sense.  Their "hyper wallet" money claim is for a small amount and that "hyper wallet" link never works when I try it.  I guess the 2 hour phone call is my only hope.

Crisp8
Explorer C

I actually filed my claim twice because even though I attached all my files to the first cousin I got an email saying I needed to submit receipts.

Since there is no way to do anything with an existing claim on their horrible website I had to resubmit it all again. 

My flight was Christmas day and not a single real person has responded to be in any way. 

I did get the email about the rewards points today. That email said I should have received a response to my reimbursement request in a separate communication but no such communication exists 

At this point I really don't see how I could ever trust them enough to fly with them again so the reward points are useless

So over this

lmcwu531
Explorer C

Hi 

I'm still waiting also and I spent 4 days at Chicago MDW airport from Dec. 21-24th

I have also received automated updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays that say the claim is still in queue as well. No really response either.