Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

College Son Horrible Experience Today and Poor Customer Service

cwiege
Explorer C

I booked my college son home for Spring break instead of driving home the 8 1/2 hours so he could spend as much time as possible with his family. He was booked on the 10:25 am flight from MCO to RDU. on Saturday. He calls me at 8;30 am and tells me his flight has been cancelled and he will not be put on another flight until 5:00pm. Unfortunately it was not a direct flight and he went to Nashville and missed his connection flight to RDU due to issues he got into Nashville 2 1/2 hours late to make the connection. When he got there he was told there was not any flights available until 9:00 or 9:30 pm.the next day, Sunday.  So much for trying to get him home.early. If he drove he would have been home by now. To make matters worse, the customer servioce at the airport did not provide food, he has not eaten since this morning. He is a college student with limited funds.He is also having to spend the night at the airport no hotel voucher either. My husband spoke with a worker at NAshville airport named Edmund and asked to speak to a supervisor who he said he would get. The lady supervisor refused to speak with my son about access to food since it was 11:30 pm at night all food places are closd and he has minimal if any money and refused to speak to my husband. In addtion, I have called Southwest a total of 5 times tonight. The first two times I called I was never told there was no way my son would make the connection flight from Nashville to RDU. The next two times I called to speak with a supervisor after waiting 40 minutes and 35 minutes the second time I was hung up on while I was waiting to speak to a supervisor.

I am hold again waiting to speak to a supervisor. This experince has left a very bad feeling about Southwest. I picked it because the bags flew for free. I should have flown Frontier and paid for the bag.. From now on I will just pay for the bags.

I have now booked my son on Delta and paid the money to just get him home tomorrow at 12:oopm on a direct flight  instead of 11::00 pm . I now have been on hold so far another 42 minutes still waiting to speak to a supervisor. I expect a lot better service from a major airline.

Looking forward to hearing from Southwest and some type of compensation for this awful experince for the entire family. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: College Son Horrible Experience Today and Poor Customer Service

cwiege
Explorer C

I believ flight number from Nashville to RDU was 3384 His conformation number was Qp45FY

bec102896
Aviator A

@cwiege 

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles your family has had trying to get your son home. 

With the winter weather and some thunderstorms in other areas of the country it is causing some flight delays and cancellations. They are not fun but they happen. One thing to keep in mind even if there is not weather where you are departing or arriving from the inbound plane may have been coming from somewhere with weather causing a domino effect for your sons flight.

I know this wont help you much right now since its the weekend but I recommend you reach out to customer relations on Monday at 855-234-4654 so they can look in to everything as they are best suited for looking in to things like this. 

Being that this is a customer to customer forum I highly recommend you edit your post to remove the confirmation number for the reservations security. 

Hope your son makes it without any other delays!

Blake

cwiege
Explorer C

Thanks so much for your response. I do not know how to dlete the confiormation n umber and it no longer matters. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@cwiege wrote:

Thanks so much for your response. I do not know how to dlete the confiormation n umber and it no longer matters. 

If you have travel funds tied to the confirmation number, then it does matter. To edit your post (delete the confirmation number) click on the "wheel" on the upper right side of your initial post, and pick the "edit post" option from the options listed.