Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Combining Travel funds

spjoe8604
Explorer C

Question... There may be a policy idk.... 

I'm trying to book a flight and I added a travel fund but had a remaining balance and wanted to add a second travel fund to the flight but it would not allow me to...

Is only one travel fund allowed on a reservation or can I add a second travel fund ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Combining Travel funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@spjoe8604 wrote:

Question... There may be a policy idk.... 

I'm trying to book a flight and I added a travel fund but had a remaining balance and wanted to add a second travel fund to the flight but it would not allow me to...

Is only one travel fund allowed on a reservation or can I add a second travel fund ?

You should be able to add up to three Travel Funds, depending on what other methods you may also be using. Here's the official policy:

You can combine up to three payment methods to pay for your purchase.  Choose from the following combinations:

• Southwest gift cards – A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation.  If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Southwest gift cards, you will only be allowed to use two Southwest gift cards and another form of payment will be required for the difference. 
    • Held Funds – A maximum of three Held Funds tickets can be applied per Passenger on each reservation.  If your purchase exceeds the amount available on the three Held Funds tickets, you will only be allowed to use two Held Funds tickets and another form of payment will be required for the difference.
    • Southwest LUV vouchers - A maximum of two Southwest LUV vouchers can be applied per passenger on each reservation.  Another form of payment will be required to pay for taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges associated with each reservation. 
    • Credit Card – Only one credit card, including, without limitation, PayPal, can be applied per reservation.

Re: Combining Travel funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I would guess the inability to add the second fund is related to trying to travel after the fund expiration date or a mismatch in the passenger name on the fund compared to the reservation you are attempting to make.  Are you able to apply the second fund to the purchase first, before the one you know works?

--TheMiddleSeat