Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass - Flight Changes

valcparra
Explorer C

I am the companion to another flyer. We are flying out of HDN to IAD with a stop in DEN. I need to stay in DEN for another week, therefore do not want to take that extra leg to IAD that day. I ultimately plan to fly back to Washington.

Q1: Do I notify SW that I am not going to take that extra leg? Essentially deplane when we arrive in DEN.

Q2: As the companion, can I make changes to that second half of the leg? - Is there a credit value or by not taking that full flight, I forfeit that value?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Companion Pass - Flight Changes

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can deplane in DEN but should notify the gate agent you are not continuing on so they don't waste 20 minutes looking for you.  While the companion pass program is not intended to work in a situation like this, it will be fine.  If the situation were reversed and the companion pass holder did not want to continue on then the companion would also need to deplane. 

No, you don't get any credit for forfeiting the second leg, it was free to you and as a companion you can only fly for free with the companion pass holder.  If you want another free flight you will need to fly with them.

--TheMiddleSeat