Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass flight change

rowdyatx
Explorer C

I cancelled a flight early this morning for my companion in order to change my existing flight. I have now changed my flight and now want to add my companion to my flight however, I do not have an option to ADD COMPANION. Does anyone know how much time it takes until I should have the option to ADD COMPANION in this scenario?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion Pass flight change

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It should be instantaneous. If the reservation shows up in your account as one of your upcoming trips the option to add companion should be there. Maybe give it a day then call Southwest if the option is still missing. Very odd...

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you get the last seat on the new flight by chance? If that’s the case you couldn’t add the companion if the flight is sold out. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 interesting thought. Would the add companion link not even be there in this situation? I just assumed link would be there, but process would fail and not actually add the companion. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Yeah I’m not sure how it would work because the few times I’ve had companion pass I didn’t run in to a sold out flight (because I look at seat availability when booking to avoid that) maybe it would still be there and say failed no availability. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The other possibility is new flight is scheduled after companion pass expires.

--TheMiddleSeat