Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Compassion Needed, Travel Funds

Explorer C

Please be more compassionate and allow Travel Funds to be extended. I understand your policy that the earliest expiration date is used when applying Travel Funds, and I understand the expiration date is printed in emailed itinerary receipts. But, I ask that you please understand that people like me are being good community citizens to follow the advice to stay home. 

I understand that SW is already the most generous, but other airlines are being more compassionate, while SW is showing no flexibility on your Travel Funds policy. 

I am very disappointed by SW. In this crisis SW is not showing itself to be the airline with heart -- which I have always experienced prior. Despite my being loyal and A-List Preferred for years, I am now looking to other airlines, who are showing more flexibility and compassion.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Compassion Needed, Travel Funds

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with the way Southwest is handling things and sorry you feel other airlines are handling this better than Southwest. 

The other airlines are following the same policy that southwest has in place on a daily basis. For example Delta is allowing a free change or the ability to cancel for a e credit valid for a year from when you booked. 

If you would like to discuss your experience with Southwest I would reach out though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint  

-Blake

Shaniem
Explorer B

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Shaniem something doesn't sound right, that's the first I've heard a report like yours.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Shaniem
Explorer B

I agree im sick this is so wrong.. going to the president lol totally stressed out

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Shaniem can you copy/paste the exact limitation you state you are seeing?

You're posting the same thing to multiple threads most of us here are customers and we may be able to help if you state the exact wording.  However please don't post any confirmation numbers or other personal information.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Shaniem
Explorer B

It's what they told us yesterday and today.. southwest air and southwest vacations are not on the same page.  SW Air said we could use all travel funds.. SW vacation says no.  Customer service told us wrong.. THANK GOD!!

bec102896
Aviator A

@Shaniem 

I'd reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter and hopefully they can get this figured out for you because I've never heard of only being able to use a percent of your travel funds.