Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint

lanner705
Explorer C

How do I file a formal complaint about the terrible way my daughter was treated after an hour and 55 minute flight delay and missed connection  by a manager of southwest Chicago airport. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Complaint

saiburra
Explorer C

Similar experience Worst experience. I will never fly again. I will explain my worst experience to all my friends and family

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@lanner705 @saiburra I recommend reaching out to SWA through a DM on Twitter. I have always gotten quick responses from them this way. 

Sorry about the bad experiences, and I hope you both will give them another opportunity. Every Company has a few bumps every now and then. It’s the way the situations are handled that are most important to me. With that being said...

Good luck! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Cirenc
Explorer C

This experience has been the worst. We started to take off and the pilot had headset issue... wait don’t we do pre checks before the flight?

Missed connecting flight and now 4 hours 2 additional flights later we might get home... 

tried to to call Customer Relations. They sent me a voucher “monopoly money “ what about my canceled event the money I had to spend on airport food my kids anxiety. We will make it up to you is the saying now. What how about what is going on right now!

Cirenc
Explorer C

tried to to call Customer Relations. They sent me a voucher “monopoly money “ what about my canceled event the money I had to spend on airport food my kids anxiety. We will make it up to you is the saying now. What how about what is going on right now!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Cirenc wrote:

Keep your receipts handy for the food that you bought when you call about the mechanical problem your flight had.

The airline's liability won't cover your event, but you can request the travel reimbursements although this was probably intended by providing the LUV voucher in its place, if that wasn't your understanding at the time then call back.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Cirenc wrote:

Well if it's "monopoly money," then you should throw it away since it's worthless.

Then again, if t reduces the cost of a future flight, then it's not really monopoly money, is it?

Sorry, you got delayed and inconvenienced. It happens on all airlines. The airline did try to mke amends by providing a voucher.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

As @Passenger1C suggested you can reach out to Southwest in a DM on Twitter for a faster response.

In addition to Twitter you can also click on the contact us link at the bottom of the Southwest homepage and send a message that way. 

Hope this helps

Blake