Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Complaint

araly96
Explorer C

How do I file a formal complaint in regards to the service I’ve received during my current flight? My flight was cancelled and i was rebooked on an another flight the NEXT day. I contacted multiple people and several representatives both in person and on the phone who told me there was nothing they could do to help with rescheduling my flights or providing any sort of accommodations for the evening or the emotional service animal I am traveling with. Everyone I spoke with was incredibly unhelpful and rude and didn’t seem to care that I paid an absurd amount for a one way flight and that I am being asked now to spend the night at the airport 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Complaint

dfwskier
Aviator A

@araly96 wrote:

How do I file a formal complaint in regards to the service I’ve received during my current flight? My flight was cancelled and i was rebooked on an another flight the NEXT day. I contacted multiple people and several representatives both in person and on the phone who told me there was nothing they could do to help with rescheduling my flights or providing any sort of accommodations for the evening or the emotional service animal I am traveling with. Everyone I spoke with was incredibly unhelpful and rude and didn’t seem to care that I paid an absurd amount for a one way flight and that I am being asked now to spend the night at the airport 

Sorry to hear that you ran into trouble. 

You can file a complaint by e-mail. To do so click on 
"contact us" at the bottom of this page and then select e-mail from the choices listed on the top left of the ensuing page. Be sure to include date, flight number and departure and arrival cities.

Be aware that lots of people are flying, and thus there are not a a lot of seats available to passengers who were on flights that get cancelled. Thus, sometimes that means that the next  seat  might not be available til the next day. Sorry.

As far as things like paid overnight accommodations, all airlines handle it the same way: if the cancellation happened as a result of an "act of God," then the airline wont pay.  If on the other hand, the cancellation as a result of something under the control of the airline (plane breaks down, crew doesn't;t show up, etc), then the airline does pay.

I any case, you can ask for compensation for your inconvenience. Normally that would come back to you as a travel voucher you can use for future travel.

Good luck