Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Contacting Customer Service

Bestzaidy
Explorer C

Hi. Does anyone have the email address of the department head of Customer service. I have spoken to reps onthe phone but would like to escalte my issue to a higher authority. Thanks for your help.

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Contacting Customer Service

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Bestzaidy,

Customer Relations is our escalation Department and handles service requests on behalf of the Executive Office. You can reach a Representative there by calling 1-855-234-4654, or you can reach out on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) or Facebook. 

Salvatore
Explorer C

I cannot get through--waited 75 minutes for "SOMEONE TO CALL ME BACK"  noone did!!!  Called and automated said it would be 39 minutes so waited, 85 minutes later I had to hang up!  I am currently on the phone with customer relations.  That is ridiculous to have only 2 numbers to get through to SW.  I sent an email last week because it was utter horror to get though because of a cancelled flight--what do you know--still no response!!

I need to get through as I cannot use the automated (believe me I tried) to reschedule the flight (That SW cancelled!!) because it keeps saying I have a boarding pass!!! Whats going on!

Manejeh
Explorer C

Hello Customer Service

I am a Southwest A List Preffered customer,using SWA for personal and business pleasure, despite having many options. I have enjoyed your service over the past several years. Customer service has been very good and I like to recommend SWA to friends and family. I often choose Business Select and also take advantage of early bird check in on frequent occasion. This helps me Save precious time.

Today however have experienced a very unpleasant incident that I would like to relay to you. This concerns very inappropriate operations execution of your flight 2123, on Jan 10. My confirmation #is XXXXX. 

The flight boarding time provided was 6:25 pm, for a 6:55 departure. It was a bright clear day. No weather issues. I arrived at the gate 3 mins earlier than provided boarding time. To my utter surprise , the flight seemed to have been boarding earlier than my arrival. Approximately 25-30 passengers had already boarded ahead of me. I boarded the flight at 6:24 and the first empty bin at row 12. I’ve never faced this situation with a business select boarding as I prefer to take the first 2-3 rows. Hence I pay that extra fare. 

This was not enough. The first empty seat on the aisle with bin space was 11 A, an exit row. Gentleman ahead of me grabbed the seat towards the window and kept his bag on the seat towards aisle. I requested to take that empty seat and he retorted “I have that reserved”. I asked where the passenger was and he responded, not here. I asked whether he felt it was ok to “reserve” seats and he became very aggressive stating “are you **bleep**tIng me”? This is Southwest, I can do what I want to do, there is no assigned seats, so I can grab more than one seat. I did not want to argue with an unpleasant co-passenger and preffered to take the next seat, although my bags were not close to me. I generally prefer to have my bags right above me, based on your claim that Business Select fare offers you better access to preffered seating option. With a A2 Boarding position earlier than a pointed time arrival at boarding gate and attempt to get a less than desired preffered seat, I did not get what you claim from the Business Select experience. In addition, I approached the Flight Attendent, Steve to relay my concern of “reserving seats” and Co passenger sweating and using unpleasant language, Steve responded Southwest had no policy on this matter. The only policy was “We expect passengeRs to behave like adults”.

i called my SWA # to file a complaint and they confirmed there are policies in place for no seat reserving, and asked me to fill a form on the website to file a complaint. This is the only form I found, since no email is listed on the contact us tab.

clearly there are huge gaps somewhere that compel me to know that your claims of Business Select were wrong for this flight. I’d like to know your policy on all these matters - early departures and how you inform Business Select passengers

- no assigned seating and passengers reserving seats for later boarding positions 

- your training of staff to respond to co passenger unpleasant behavior.

Kindly contact me at the earliest, since I would prefer to hear from you directly rather than have an attorney involved in the matter. Your timely response will be appreciated.

I can be contacted via the email provided.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

This isn't a customer service channel. It's a forum for customers to exchange information. To contact Southwest directly use the web form on the website, located under Contact Us > Email Us. 

Southwest allows seat saving. Officially, they have no policy for or against it. Flight attendants are directed to not get involved.

Flights do sometimes begin boarding prior to the stated time. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

Business Select promises an A1-15 position, refundability and extra Rapid Rewards points, which you received, but doesn't guarantee anything else. The other advantages you mentioned are marketing features, and in real world practice many situations can preclude receiving them. Delayed connections and through customers for example. 

If you're disappointed with your experience, I'd suggest contacting Southwest with a brief message outlining your reasons. You may receive a small voucher as a courtesy. 

Suggesting you'll involve a lawyer is just silly. 😉

Czoll1119
Explorer C

To whom it may concern,

I have been flying southwest for over 20 years now and have been pleased with your service but recently you have cutback the amount of straight flights out of islip. I have found this difficult but have tried to adapt by taking the first flight out. Unfortunately my last flight had been cancelled and has left me to miss a major function. It was not snowing....no major weather disturbance...just cancelled. I was able to reschedule but not till the next day even though I saw there were flights leaving in the afternoon.   Sadly I have to question the reliability of your service and may have to look at another airline. 

Its sad to throw 20 years away but I have to do what's best for me

sincerely

Christopher Zoll

Upset
Explorer C

They don't have an email option!!!

I was on the phone with customer service for 40 minutes yesterday and they told me to call corporate because they couldn't help me.  I missed the outgoing flight on my reservation, but still wanted to use the return flight and they canceled the whole thing.  I had looked for a way to cancel just the first flight, but was unsuccessful.  Figured I was out the money for that one and would just use the return flight.  Now they cancelled the whole thing and said there is nothing they can do to help and that I have to buy another ticket that costs twice as much as the one I already purchased.  So after my 40 minute call, they gave me the number for corporate. When I called that, it was a recording that said there was a 35 minute wait or I could go online and email them and someone would email me back. THAT is a wild goose chase.  There is no email option listed on their site even though it says help is just a click away. Ha! It also  says on their site that they "do the right thing".  Ha!  I don't think leaving me stranded is the right thing.  Just my opinion.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Upset wrote:

They don't have an email option!!!

I was on the phone with customer service for 40 minutes yesterday and they told me to call corporate because they couldn't help me.  I missed the outgoing flight on my reservation, but still wanted to use the return flight and they canceled the whole thing.  I had looked for a way to cancel just the first flight, but was unsuccessful.  Figured I was out the money for that one and would just use the return flight.  Now they cancelled the whole thing and said there is nothing they can do to help and that I have to buy another ticket that costs twice as much as the one I already purchased.  So after my 40 minute call, they gave me the number for corporate. When I called that, it was a recording that said there was a 35 minute wait or I could go online and email them and someone would email me back. THAT is a wild goose chase.  There is no email option listed on their site even though it says help is just a click away. Ha! It also  says on their site that they "do the right thing".  Ha!  I don't think leaving me stranded is the right thing.  Just my opinion.

That's sadly correct -- there's no email option, and the website contact form generates messages to which you cannot reply.

For the quickest response, I recommend reaching out via Twitter.

Unfortunately...

Once you've no-showed for a flight, the entire itinerary is cancelled. Once the itinerary is cancelled there's no getting it back without rebooking and paying the current fare. The no show policy is displayed when you purchase a ticket and on all confirmation emails.

In the future, remember that you have up to 10 minutes before departure in which to cancel and receive a full credit towards future travel. If you're unable to cancel online, you can call. If you miss a flight, you have two hours after scheduled departure in which to arrive at the airport and be accommodated standby on the next available flight for no additional cost (aka the "flat tire" rule).

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Manejeh,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us on a recent flight. We want an opportunity to address the situation, as your patronage is very important to us. Please reach out to us through one of the options listed here. The Southwest Community is a peer-to-peer discussion forum where people share stories, advice, and answer each others' questions, but it is not one of our official complaint resolution platforms. 

aprilrburnett
Explorer C

Please help. I've been on hold on my desk phone for over an hour 1-800-435-9792

On hold on my cell phone for 45 minutes 1-855-234-4654

I've emailed, Tweeted and sent a Facebook message.  Please help me!!!!  I entered all of my son's travel information and at the end when I pressed continue to pay the trip was booked under my name.  WHY???????? My child is a minor and I book for him all the time.  Please help me, the flight is tomorrow morning and it needs to be in his name not mine.  I never entered my information.  We are in the midst of a family crisis and I need to get him home ASAP, I don't have the resources to purchase another ticket, especially since I never entered my information as the traveler.  PLEASE HELP ME