Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Covid At Home Test

mkralec
Explorer C

I just wanted to chime in with some more information.  We (family of 5) used the Abbott BinaxNOW tests purchased through Emed to return from Aruba.  Good news: We were eventually allowed to travel.  Bad news: We were initially told that anything 'at-home' was not allowed and they could not accept our tests.  After some back and forth and trying to politely disagree we were told to step aside and wait for the supervisor.  Apparently they never got the word that these have been approved by the CDC for international travel, had never seen this test or the results in the Navica application before.  The supervisor had to get involved, had to call the CDC, navigate the CDC customer service phone line and eventually verify that the type and style of test was approved.  The supervisor said they would let Southwest know that these tests were allowed so future travelers would not have this issue but I was surprised they didn't have a list of allowed tests that was available for them to verify against.  It appears that you're at the mercy of whether the local counter agents have heard of these tests or gotten word that they're allowable.

dfwskier
Aviator A

That is TSA for you ...

burgdogg
Explorer C

I am flying out of Cabo on Saturday and just did the Ellume COVID 19 test...i dont see any issue to it being accepted by the contracted SW workers at the airport.