Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Covid Exposure

jrgsmnn
Explorer C

I just found out that I was exposed to Covid 5 days ago and am scheduled to fly tomorrow.  Am I allowed to fly?  What if I get a negative test first?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Covid Exposure

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Please be cautious and stay home.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Before you get your boarding pass, you will have to attest that you have not been exposed to the virus. Do you plan to be honest? I hope so.

Besides, how would you feel if you are responsible for infecting others?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Sadly, you confessed you have been notified as being exposed, so you have to live with the decision to choose.  What you should do is not FLY.  As stated, you are now asked a question about being exposed in which you have to answer.  I'm sorry this puts you in a serious situation, but here you are.  I've been in your shoes, although not for flying, but for staying home for 14 days answering the texts on my phone.  Know that there is no "Law" that says you can't fly, but the law of humanity is pleading that you don't.  

Passenger1C
Aviator C

In addition to being exposed ( most of us have been ) were you displaying any symptoms?  There are more questions to be asked than just being exposed. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Kamicam
Explorer C

If you've been exposed and are like half of the Americans who will not take the test or vaccine, definitely Lie. Go anyway. I was exposed 2 days before my travel and I did not have symptoms but the person I was exposed who had no clue she even had it, tested positive and told me right before I was supposed to vacation in Seattle. I understand there is no refund. However, it is clear this stuff is not going away anytime soon and I do not plan to travel by air well over a year from now, which the credit is only good for one year. I submitted my complaint to the BBB and SWA still told me to use my credit, no exceptions. Absolutely lie if you have been exposed and feel good to go!!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Airlines have been known to " ban for life" those that lie about such things.

gsking
Aviator C

Why would you not fly for a year?   Sounds like a personal decision unrelated to Covid.   So you won't find much sympathy here. 

reneepasley
Explorer B

Most people exposed get it within 5 days. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@jrgsmnn So I want to know if you flew or not?  If you did, I hope that you informed those near you that you were exposed.  Many of the answers were about symptoms, but the majority of people who test positive were asymptomatic.  Therefore, just because you didn't have any symptoms doesn't mean you didn't infect somebody.