Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Service Hold Times

juliepitz03
Explorer C

I have been on hold for over 3 hours!! Please tell me this is not normal?!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Customer Service Hold Times

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Have you not noticed the major weather problems in the county which lead to lots of people calling? 

Most likely you do not need to call, but you didn't provide any more information about what you need. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Falconclaw81
Explorer C

Between myself and my husband, we have been on hold for longer than 4 hours with Southwest Customer Service and 4 more hours with Southwest Vacations. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS! We had a flight on our itinerary get cancelled, so we rebooked for another and that has now been cancelled.  Both were due to "lack of crew members".  Rebooked again for dates later in the week.  Both rebooking's were due to the ticket agents- thanks to them- being at the airport talking to an agent always seems better then calling.  But can we get the hotel to change the dates as well?  Finally got through to Southwest Vacations (4+ hours) and they are contacting the hotel, maybe?- We are now told that we must wait for a confirmation email from Southwest Vacations because the department that handles these types of requests is closed for the day!  Now, it will be "white knuckles" throughout this new itinerary- will we make it?  Perhaps an epilogue to this post will be in order, with a happy ending or just more rage? Just get us to MX, Southwest! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Falconclaw81 Southwest Vacations is not Southwest airlines. The two are unrelated companies and Southwest Vacations is part of Apple Vacations.

Southwest Airlines phone lines are busy because you are not the only one dealing with cancelations due to recent weather events.

--TheMiddleSeat