Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Customer Service Wait Time - 2 Hours and Still NO Help

Lesliehlavach
Explorer C

Hi,

I received an email stating Southwest made a change to my flight.  The flight change went from a nonstop flight of 4 hours to a two stop and 10 hour flight.  I tried to make a change through the website and I was unable to make a change and an error comment stated to contact customer service.  I have been holding for over two hours and no assistance.  I am hanging up because obviously no one is working!  Why offer customer service, but not have customer service.  A two hour wait time with no assistance is unheard of and very embarrassing to Southwest.  Southwest you need to fix your customer service department.  For two hours I have listened to Southwest telling me "how much you like me" and are transparent.  Good grief Southwest get it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Customer Service Wait Time - 2 Hours and Still NO Help

bec102896
Aviator A

Southwest is currently revising the summer schedule which is creating a big hold time on the phone. I would suggest reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and they can assist you there. You can also try the in app chat feature tomorrow once it opens and that’s usually a quick fix. 

-Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, I think they may have taken the app's chat function offline -- people have been reporting it not working since last week, and it was down all day today.

Twitter or Facebook direct message seems to be the best choice right now.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 12.01.19 AM.png

jksobonya
Aviator A

Interesting that "Call Us" is being pushed by Southwest when it appears that that is the slowest form of service. A little surprised they don't at least mention their social media presence to give that option, as it's almost always quicker.

--Jessica

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@jksobonya *shhhhhhh* If more people start using Twitter to contact Southwest, it won't be so quick anymore.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

@jksobonya *shhhhhhh* If more people start using Twitter to contact Southwest, it won't be so quick anymore.

🤣 The secret's out!

--Jessica

wnorris00
Explorer C

I am beyond frustrated.  On hold last night for 2 hours.  Called back this am on hold for 2 hours.  An agent answered then hung up on me.  On hold again, I have tried facebook messaging, complaint and now this.  I am trying to cancel a rebooked flight from weather last night and app and website will not allow me to cancel it because they say I have bags attached to the reservations.   Not sure how that is possible as they delayed my flight by 20 hours.  

Southwest was always professional and nice, my airline of choice.  This was my first time flying since COVID19.  This whole situation has changed my image of their personnel.  Looks like they have some issues to work out.  On top of it, with Dallas love field down to one airstrip, looks like there may be better carriers without all the re-routing.  

jksobonya
Aviator A

@wnorris00 - don't call. Contact Southwest via their social media platforms - Twitter, Facebook. They are always quick to respond. 

--Jessica

Customer Service Wait Time - 2 Hours and Still NO Help

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Can I just say this for those doing all the wait on the phone.  It's been posted over and over that a quicker solution may be through a tweet, email, or whatever, not the phone.  As soon as flight changes happen, it's not just happening to you, but hundreds, if not thousands who are trying to get on the phone at the same time, myself included.  I have one perk, as an A list I get to press 1, and only wait 25-30 minutes, (which yes, is still frustrating.)  I hope you got your issue resolved and have an outstanding trip.  Since I've got at least 6 future trips in my upcoming flight activity, I get an email about every 3 days of this change or that.  Some are only 5 mins and some hours.  I've just come to expect it until we are all through this.