Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Customer service complaint

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Thiliphk We are sincerely sorry that your encounter with one of our Employees has you questioning our commitment to outstanding Customer Service, and we regret that we disappointed you with your overall travel experience. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations so we can document your concerns and follow-up with the Employee internally. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

jperez0305
Explorer C

They did the same thing to us and my infant threw a fit since she could not sit with her parents. In addition, they charged us for a ticket for not having the physical copy of the birth certificate. Even though we had a pic of it along with hundreds of pictures with time stamps on the day she was born. Also had multiple social media posts. They said when we got home we could email a copy and get a full refund for her. We did it and they only gave us a $150 useless credit because we will never fly with them again. SHAME ON SOUTHWEST!!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jperez0305 wrote:

They did the same thing to us and my infant threw a fit since she could not sit with her parents. In addition, they charged us for a ticket for not having the physical copy of the birth certificate. Even though we had a pic of it along with hundreds of pictures with time stamps on the day she was born. Also had multiple social media posts. They said when we got home we could email a copy and get a full refund for her. We did it and they only gave us a $150 useless credit because we will never fly with them again. SHAME ON SOUTHWEST!!!

I have to admit that I am confused..

You may need a birth certificate for lap children (those under the age of 2), but for no others.

Someone   anywhere near that young would never be forced to sit alone.

Please explain...

As far as the mask incident goes, mask wearing by EVERYONE age 2 and older is required by federal law. EVERY airline enforces that law. You may not like it, BUT IT IS THE LAW.

As said several times up thread, this is a customer forum, and the airline will not resolve specific customer complaints here. If you want to complain to the airline, click on "contact us" below.