Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DEN to Belize City 2021

GunnyGal
Explorer C

OK - SW says service to Belize resumes January, 2021.  Anxious to book my flight for 1/4/21 -- everyone else going to this Yoga/Meditation retreat has purchased their tickets thru Delta and/or United.  I am holding out for SW since they wouldn't refund my $, but gave me the points to use.  When can I book??? Do I hold out?  Book w/a different carrier? Lose my points?   Other International Destinations Updated October 14, 2020 at 4:15 p.m. CT.

• Liberia, Costa Rica; service will not resume before January 2021.
  • Havana, Cuba; service will not resume before December 5.
  • Belize; service will not resume before January 2021.
  • Cozumel, Mexico; service will not resume before January 2021.
  • San Jose, Costa Rica; service will not resume before January 2021.
  • Turks and Caicos; service will not resume before January 2021.
  • Grand Cayman; service will not resume before January 2021.
8 REPLIES 8

Re: DEN to Belize City 2021

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You saved me the hassle of looking up the info from southwest.com.  The info you posted is all there is currently available, "Belize; service will not resume before January 2021."

With a Jan 4 desired departure I would suggest using a different carrier.

--TheMiddleSeat

CMan
Explorer C

If they are going to resume international flights in February or March, one would think that they would announce it soon and not at the last minute. 

We are hoping to go to Belize and CR in late spring but our only direct option out of DEN right now is UA.  Would much prefer to fly SW.  

jinz2014
Explorer C

when will southwest start flying to Belize again I need you guys back 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

All information about this will be posted to https://www.southwest.com/Coronavirus/?clk=CORONAVIRUS_TA when it becomes a available.

--TheMiddleSeat

Hollysp
Explorer C

agree! We need you to start back to Belize

chicasmama
Explorer C

Still anxiously awaiting to hear when Southwest will fly to Belize. Other carriers have been flying there for months now. It’s well past January and still no date in site?

dhershey3772
Explorer C

I hope flights to Belize start soon. Need to make reservations and would rather use Southwest instead of another carrier

dfwskier
Aviator A

@dhershey3772 wrote:

I hope flights to Belize start soon. Need to make reservations and would rather use Southwest instead of another carrier

You might want to tell SW customer relations that you would like SW to resume the service.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355