Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DO NOT BOOK AT QUEEN KAPOLI IN HONOLULU

drrocky
Explorer C

Was there on business and first time in Hawaii. I had to leave early due to family illness and the hotel wanted medical evidence before they would issue credit. That is against federal HIPAA laws and it is unethical. I would not recommend this hotel and will defer any of our employees from staying there in the future. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: DO NOT BOOK AT QUEEN KAPOLI IN HONOLULU

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Not a HIPPA violation as HIPPA only applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically.

More importantly, what does this have to do with Southwest?

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is a little weird but not entirely unreasonable I guess? I'm not sure what I would do in this situation. If I had to leave a day early, I may just eat the cost, but if it was more, I might try to get out of paying for the unused nights. I am betting they booked through Southwest Hotels, but aside from that, this isn't a Southwest issue, it's an issue with the hotel.

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

Most hotels charge an early departure fee. With regards to proof a lot of people make up excuses to cheat a system that’s why they ask for proof the few bad apples messed up stuff for the good ones.