Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Daughter left IPhone 6plus with Panda wooden cover

90btacag
Explorer C

So on January 21 we were flying from BWI to West Palm Beach with a fifth grade safety patrol group. my daughter left her iPhone 6+ on the plane in the pocket of the seat in front of her she immediately knew she left it when we were at baggage claim. But I was not allowed to get back on the plane to retrieve it . I was told they would get it when they clean the plane and they would call me the next day. The next day I receive the call but there was no phone. Now I have submitted a lost and found  claim but they have not found the phone . I'm just mad because I could've gotten it that night and now someone else has it and it had wonderful pictures from Arlington cemetery on it. The airline stewardess have the same name as me which is Charise, so I thought she would've found it. Does anyone ever get their lost item that is left on the plane when it's left up to the cleaning crew to give it back?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Daughter left IPhone 6plus with Panda wooden cover

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your daughter left her phone on the plane. 

If you haven't already I reccomend adding the serial number for the phone to the report as that will help the lost and found department determine that the iPhone they found is hers and not someone else's since a lot of phones are lost daily. 

90btacag
Explorer C

The woodcase  with panda engraving should be the dead give away that it is hers as apposed to all the others found- also the flight ✈️ number- and how do you get the serial number without the phone?! Your response is mechanical!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@90btacag wrote:

The woodcase  with panda engraving should be the dead give away that it is hers as apposed to all the others found- also the flight ✈️ number- and how do you get the serial number without the phone?! Your response is mechanical!!

The serial number is unique, the panda case is certainly distinctive and should be enough info, but the lost and found service obviously could never risk sending someone the wrong phone with someone else's info - need to get that serial number.

Flight number is not quite reliable since the item could go missing across several stops before it is found and the flight number could be different from when it was found vs lost. 

Serial number will be on the box when you bought it, also in your Apple account, either of these would be really helpful to increase your chance of recovery. I assure you @bec102896  was trying to be helpful.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Seconding that! @bec102896 has got it right.

For the latest, try reaching out via Twitter to @SouthwestAir as they might have some updates for you!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger