Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delayed flight and lost item

angiedi14
Explorer C

Our plane delayed in San Juan Puerto Rico May 3, 2018, first we stayed inside the plane for one hour and fifteen minutes without any drinks or snacks and finally they announced all passengers need to pick up their luggage because the flight was cancel until next day. Only connections fights could made arrangements for same day. I went to the counter they provided a voucher for 200 for all 3 of us and a new tickets for the next day. Unfortunately, I have to asked for a hotel and a food voucher and the front counter employee had an attitude because I was asking for too much. Well I explained to her they are not paying anything for my inconvenience because I should be at work by Friday and now the plane was delayed for Friday. Also my camera was left behind inside the airplane and unfortunately they can't find it and avvirding to them no one returned. The camera have a sentimental value to our family. Employees need to get more training on hands on customer services and how to deal with difficult customer. I called every airport where that plane went to try to track down my camera and southwest employees are rude and doesn't want to help in the recovery effort. We been flying Southwest for the past 16 years but we are thinking in moving our business to another company which is very sad due to insensitivity of their customer service.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Delayed flight and lost item

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

sorry your flight was delayed and then canceled and that you left your camera on the plane. Did you by chance file a lost item report? If not I would do that so they can look for it and hopefully find it in case it was turned in to someone at the airport. 

if you would like to discuss your experience with southwest you can call customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can send them a DM on twitter or Facebook 

hope you get your camera back 

Blake