Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delayed flight due to mechanical

tkeckley
Explorer C

Once again, my flight is delayed due to machanical issues.  I understand there is a dispute between the mechanics and Southwest.  I will be delayed, as of now, over 3 hours.  This is not the first time I have had a delay for this reason in the last few weeks.

What compensation does Southwest provide to customers for delays?

personally if the delay is due to disputes with tHe mechanics, I would look to replace them with mechanics willing to provide a good service to the Southwest community.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Delayed flight due to mechanical

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@tkeckley wrote:

Once again, my flight is delayed due to machanical issues.  I understand there is a dispute between the mechanics and Southwest.  I will be delayed, as of now, over 3 hours.  This is not the first time I have had a delay for this reason in the last few weeks.

What compensation does Southwest provide to customers for delays?

personally if the delay is due to disputes with tHe mechanics, I would look to replace them with mechanics willing to provide a good service to the Southwest community.

Southwest's dispute with it's mechanics ended months ago. You can't blame your delay on that. As a matter of fact, the company's on time arrival rate is now the second best in the industry: 

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/b465ab8e-e747-3552-8658-56611f3ffbb2/which-airline-wins-for.html

Delays (mechanical or due to act of god) are a part of air travel. Travel enough and you run into delays. You could discuss your situation with customer relations:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Generally, a flight delay caused by mechanical of 3+ hours should trigger a small voucher sent proactively via email. If this doesn't happen, reach out to Customer Relations once travel is complete. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Also, by my experience, delayed flights earn passengers free liquor.

SWDigits
Aviator A

If I needed to get in touch with Southwest I'd do so via Twitter, their handle is available by clicking the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of forum pages.

Make sure you don't send any flight or personal information in a public forum.

Customer | Home airport DCA