Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delta Announces Center Seat Block Through March 31

Snarfster
Explorer C

Delta, the only airline of the big three still blocking middle seats for social distancing, will continue to do so until March 30, 2021, the airline announced Wednesday.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Delta Announces Center Seat Block Through March 31

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing this.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Snarfster Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure I would have heard it on the news, but now I already know.  Actually, there are several times that I have actually looked (since COVID) at other airlines to see how the fares compared to SWA.  I've found on some, about the same, others even lower, (but bag fees made it the same)  Now that I'm pretty sure that the credit card points will get me over the companion ticket top, I will go with Delta if the prices are petty much the same...and even a bit more.  I've got to learn to stuff more things into one bag, but I'm a runner and half my clothes are running equipment...

dfwskier
Aviator A

Makes sense. They get good PR and would never fill those seats anyway on most flights between 1/3 and 3/1 - as real travel dead zone.. Keeping enter seats blocked during spring break (if there is one) might be a different story.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Makes sense. They get good PR and would never fill those seats anyway on most flights between 1/3 and 3/1 - as real travel dead zone.. Keeping enter seats blocked during spring break (if there is one) might be a different story.

Agreed. This just makes it more perplexing to me that Southwest will stop on Dec. 1.