Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Detailed Receipts

tramotorsports
Explorer C

Can someone tell me why it is such a nightmare to receive a detailed receipt? I've notcied recently if booking flights through my mobile app that I'm not receiving an email with confirmation of payment.

The receipt available through my account page is useless for doing my business expenses and calling to have receipts emailed is an absolute pain! Help!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Detailed Receipts

dlpucc
Explorer C

Amen. Getting payment information for business expenses is a hassle on Southwest's member account.

JAT
Explorer C

It does seem like it should be easier.  It's a little clunky, but the best way I've found is to go into Flight->Manage Reservations-> and manually input Confirmation # and traveler name.  Once the reservation comes up, there is a "Resend Receipt" button in the upper right part of the window.  You can click on it to have a receipt with cost information emailed to you.

Re: Detailed Receipts- Expense Reports

lbennett
Explorer C

One would expect to go to "My Accounts", select the trip, and see "print receipt" as with EVERY other airline in the world...Southwest does not have this. Nor is it sent to my email always consistently... or ever (itinerary yes, receipt-no) I have to turn these in for the month they are billed not traveled in so SW who deals with innumerous business commuters in Texas should be hip to the rules of the road by now.. (or rules of the air) Why are they so archaic and difficult??

dfwskier
Aviator A

I can go to "my account", "my trips," "past,"  and then click on whichever past trip I want to learn more about. One of the options is to print the receipt.

I suspect you can do the same thing. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I can go to "my account", "my trips," "past,"  and then click on whichever past trip I want to learn more about. One of the options is to print the receipt.

I suspect you can do the same thing. 

Yes, for past trips.

The point is that you cannot do it for upcoming ones.

Many business travelers need to apply to be reimbursed, or submit a detailed receipt to balance against a corporate charge, as soon as possible after booking, since that process can often take quite a while.

virgiltu
Explorer C

Sadly Southwest is the worst when it comes to receipts. 

I fly a lot and my company refuses to accept southwest receipts because they are missing a lot of information. Sadly I am told that we will have to no longer use southwest because of this. 

As a company I would say the same thing. Even my uber receipts have more information on them. 

Currently their receipts are a complete joke and look extremely unprofessional. It is really a shame to have to deal with this from a business stand point. 

The only place this is visible is in the email receipt, that only comes once. Good luck if you remove it. 

Missing Information:

Flight times
Connections
Payment method
Taxes
Fees
Payment Date
Expiration Date 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@virgiltu wrote:

Sadly Southwest is the worst when it comes to receipts. 

I fly a lot and my company refuses to accept southwest receipts because they are missing a lot of information. Sadly I am told that we will have to no longer use southwest because of this. 

As a company I would say the same thing. Even my uber receipts have more information on them. 

Currently their receipts are a complete joke and look extremely unprofessional. It is really a shame to have to deal with this from a business stand point. 

The only place this is visible is in the email receipt, that only comes once. Good luck if you remove it. 

Missing Information:

Flight times
Connections
Payment method
Taxes
Fees
Payment Date
Expiration Date 

That e-mail that Southwest send just as soon as you complete a booking contains all of that (except expiration date -- I don't know what that means).

Do a 2 pages on 1 print or print at the 50% level and it all appears on one page to turn in with your expense reports.

If you know that you need that e-mail, why on earth wouldn't you just save it?

candecochran
Explorer C

actually page 2 says "Payment Information"

Payment Information is not a receipt and does not adhere to receipt requirements.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@candecochran wrote:

actually page 2 says "Payment Information"

Payment Information is not a receipt and does not adhere to receipt requirements.

As I said in the post above yours,  print pages one and two.

They include

Name

Date of Travel

Flight number

Departure/destination cities

Fare

Taxes

Total paid

Method of payment