Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Direct flights from Detroit to NYC

Lschutte
Explorer C

Why aren’t there direct flights between Detroit and NYC? These are major cities and it would seem there would be enough demand to support this route. I personally choose other airlines when flying this trip given the connection and longer travel needed when using Southwest. I would love if this were an option and think many people would agree.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Direct flights from Detroit to NYC

andreajenkins22
Explorer C

I agree. Would love to see NYC as a nonstop route. Surprised it is not one. 

Hootho79
Explorer C

I would also love to see a direct flight from NYC (any of 3 airports) to Detroit. I fly there monthly, have the Southwest Companion Pass, but also hate having to spend 5 hours each way for weekend trips.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Currently, Southwest only flies out of 2 of the 3 major NYC airports (Newark and LGA). You can always share your thoughts by tweeting the airline (@SouthwestAir) or by giving the folks a call. The teams are always looking to understand customer needs when it comes to routes.

Personally, I was annoyed when the direct flight from Newark to South Florida (FLL) was cut. But hey, hopefully it'll come back.

Safe travels,

Zev

Community Champion and Companion Pass Holder

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'd suggest also using the "Contact Us" email link to register your desire with Southwest. (This forum is intended primarily as customer-to-customer discussion.)

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.