Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disappointing Service

jbbaker
Explorer C

I booked an anniversary trip with my wife and was very disappointed that southwest was unable to honor our flights. Putting us into our destination 7 hours later, and doubling the travel time is not the experience i would expect from southwest. 

I could have spent less to fly with another airline, but wanted to stay true to southwest due to their previously good customer service. This experience has changed my opinion of southwest and how they treat their customers. 

Needed to share my disappointment.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Disappointing Service

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Was the flight delayed or were you moved to a different flight?  If moved, were you notified ahead of time or was the change last minute due to a problem on the  day of travel?  There are currently many schedule changes occurring, typically weeks or months ahead of the flight, and notifications go out via email (which often end up in spam filters) and you can also see the change in your reservation if viewing it online.  It sounds like you may have been rescheduled and not realized it until you arrived at the airport.

When your flight is changed you can usually request a different schedule or cancel and receive a cash refund.  It is a good idea to regularly check your upcoming reservations to ensure everything is as you expect it to be.

--TheMiddleSeat

jbbaker
Explorer C

It is an upcoming flight. However, none of the provided options get me to by destination in time, and now i will likely end up paying much more for a short notice flight through another airline. 

All, because Southwest was unable to honor their sold tickets.

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately schedule changes happen and they occur on all airlines. Thanks to COVID-19 it has caused more schedule changes than normal. One of my flights on Delta changed 4 times in a week while one of my flights on SW have changed 5 times. 

Hopefully your able to find a flight that will work for you with minimal inconvenience. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jbbaker wrote:

All, because Southwest was unable to honor their sold tickets.

And because of that you are able to obtain a cash refund if you would like. I would also suggest that you look for available alternatives and not just rely on the provided options, there have been some issues with the computer generated suggestions lately. While not ideal, this is much better than getting to the airport and discovering your flight has been canceled or delayed. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Also, investigate flights to other airports that are near your destination. LA and San Francisco come to mind. Chicago is a bit more of a stretch as Milwaukee is a short drive.

Maybe  you change your plans to fly in a day earlier than planned. Southwest would let you do that.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of the changes. We are all experiencing it, and it’s a result of the tight environment COVID is creating. 

SW is trying its best to balance customer service with salvaging as much revenue as possible. Just like all the airlines are. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Disappointing Service

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Well in life everybody and everything gives us one disappointment at some time.  My wife has, my children have, my boss has, my car, my phone, and the list goes one.  (As I have to them as well) f this is your first, then just chalk it up as that one.  You started off with a statement of "good service" and being loyal.  That means that you both have had a good relationship up to now.  Yes, it was a trip with your significant other and I totally understand that.  If SWA lets you down again, then I'd say you have good cause to vent, and I for one, will listen.