Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disgusted by SW bully airline

LovinLife
Explorer C

I am so disgusted by all the reports I keep hearing of how horrible Southwest is towards families with very small children- 2 and 3 years old- and this whole mask mandate. One is from a co-worker who just got back from Disney and how Nazi-like everyone was when her just turned 2 year old let the mask slip just below his nose- once when he was SOUND ASLEEP! Now this story of the family who was kicked off because her son with sensory processing issues MIGHT take his mask off?! Get a grip, people! I will never fly Southwest again. I would rather drive 20 hours than take a 2 hour flight with this bully airline where everyone is deathly afraid of healthy children. Small children whose nature it is to have meltdowns and NEED TO BREATH FREELY. (which, by the way never happened in the 2 above stated cases). I sincerely hope that people hit you where your pocketbook is and quit flying your airline until common sense is restored. Quit living and running your business out of fear and control.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Disgusted by SW bully airline

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Why do I think these "I'm so disgusted" comments are all from the same person using different usernames? 

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@TheMiddleSeat You forgot bully. Disgusted by the bully Southwest.

dfwskier
Aviator A

yawn ...

Sorry, did you say something?

shuebschma01
Explorer A

These families agree to the rules when they book the flight.  Why put everyone on the flight at risk just because a child does not want to wear a mask??

BoSu
Explorer B

Are there people who board a plane that have not been informed about the requirements in place regarding mask use? If they cannot meet those requirements, why did thy board the plane?? 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Like so many folks today some people think rules apply to "others" not them or their children.

I personally observed a passenger at FLL on Thursday approach the gate with their 3 plus year child with no mask. The SW gate agent asked how old the child was, 1st answer from Mom, "3 1/2 years old." The gate agent advised mom the kid must be masked because he was over 2 years old. Next statement from Mom, "actually he's under 2." The gate agent was very gracious and let mom know they weren't getting on the flight unless junior was masked. A mask was produced by Mom and the gate agent spoke with the little one in a very positive encouraging manner.

Great job by the SW gate agent. 

I am sure since "Mom" attempted to lie her way onto the plane rather than comply with FAA rules it was a traumatic and scarring experience for her and her child....   

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

Actually, what that gate agent did constitutes practicing medicine without a license. Forcing a medical device (face mask) on a 3 year old child isn't just unethical, it's a CRIME in all 50 states. Even practicing physicians cannot force their clients to wear medical devices -- they can, at best, prescribe them.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@PetertheProphet  lol!  What a ridiculous argument.

No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service.

--TheMiddleSeat

PetertheProphet
Adventurer B

Shoes and shirts are considered to be normal social etiquette; face masks, on the other hand, are medical devices. That's why Southwest has no authority to demand that we customers smother ourselves with those medical devices as no one at Southwest is licensed to practice medicine. 

Not to mention, even practicing physicians cannot DEMAND that their clients wear face masks; they can at best prescribe them. If you disagree with the fact that a face mask is a medical device, then take it up with the FDA.