Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disheartened - Black Lives Matter

nikkibooneboone
Explorer C

Is anyone else utterly saddened at the lack of a response from SWA in light of the national unrest around White Supremacy and Police Brutality? As a LOYAL Southwest patron, I would have expected more. Generally, SWA speaks up for the unjust and marginalized, but it seems like they're choosing profits over people.......I am not surprised, but I suppose I excited more naively.........Is anyone else feeling this way? As I consider my loyalty going forward, I'll take this into consideration. I am not longer support businesses that don't support black and brown lives. Period. 

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Disheartened - Black Lives Matter

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

At what point does the generic corporate statement we see everywhere lose meaning? Don't the everyday actions of a business supporting equality and fighting for the unjust and marginalized speak louder than a statement? That's the Southwest I have come to know and LUV. I guess there's no harm in making a statement, but I do value their everyday actions more. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Dashgupta
Adventurer A

Niki Booneboone,

Awesome post. Why does Middleseat begrudge you for just trying to know where SW stands.

Good for you. Obviously if this was. not an important issue to you why would you raise it.

Also MiddleSeats Comment referring to

minorities as Marginal People is a little offensive

The term Marginal People to me is offensive as

why is MiddleSeat linking this term to your issue of BLM. I  always felt that every human Being is a unique person and Goodness in the heart is all we can ask but to lecture you for your Noble Ideals is questionable. I think Nicole Ashley s answer shows  a Positive Concern by SW. I don’t like SW Policoez on refunds but I feel strongly SW is a very Inclusive 
and sensitive Company for all People. I hope Middleseat realizes while he s entitled to his opinion he doesn’t need to comment by labeling human beings as Marginalized. Defective minds come in all Social Economic walks of life. 
Thanks to Nicole Ashley for taking a stand for what is right for all. Thank you for speaking up for your Fellow Americans.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dashgupta Read my post again before you try to tell people I'm saying things that I am not. Everything you said is incorrect. And seriously, give up the fake persona and go back to being @MeddleSeat

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Dashgupta wrote:

Niki Booneboone,

Also MiddleSeats Comment referring to

minorities as Marginal People is a little offensive

Ahh that's not what he did. Read his comment again:

"Don't the everyday actions of a business supporting equality and fighting for the unjust and marginalized speak louder than a statement?"

I think that many in the BLM movement feel that they have been treated unjustly and have been marginalized by society. THAT"S WHY THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED THE BLM MOVEMENT. 

BTW have you seen meddleseat recently? He seems to have disappeared.

Dashgupta
Adventurer A

Dslier

Your opinion is the airline es conduct speaks for its stand on this issue. Then you try to define. lM. You ignore Dishearteneds Question of is the Airline going to publicly make a statement in support of the cry for Justice for all People. The Disheartened 

Contributor just is asking. SW moderator Nicole Ashley understands her desire to support Businesses that support her Cause of Justice for all 

Not. by silence which leaves the door open for overt Prejudice but a Public Committmenet to have no tolerance for any Discrimination. That is why SW is such a Champion of Diversity. You may know the airlines rules but  Nicole Ashley is more Sensitive to us Ethnic as well as majority people. It would be good to learn from each other.

yes please

Dash

ipsedixit
Frequent Flyer C

I don't need my airlines to be socially active.

I need my airline to be on-time.

Dashgupta
Adventurer A

But I do

Texbabygirl
Adventurer B

I'd prefer their focus be on safety in the air.

Deerkeeper
Explorer C

Absolutely agreed.