Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Distress Passanger Voucher

TravellianceInc
Explorer C

Good Morning- I was told that there is nothing that can be done with a flight that was cancelled mid air on 5/31 since ATC was in control of it. However what ATC made the decision at 6:30 pm while the passengers of flight 2124 that would have went from MDW to MSP. The curfew was implemented on Friday May 29, 2020 and they had the authority to cancel then knowing that the flight was to come into MSP at 9:25 pm. The passangers of this flight all had to find a hotel within the time to not be out in Chicago past the 9 pm find a way to the hotel. With no bus service taking place in Chicago. I work for Travelliance and we are told that all distress passengers are offered a voucher for the hotel when distressed. In this case we all were distress, I can not seem to get a manager at the Airport to give this voucher. I have then been told that this was out of Southwest control, yet when the notices are received can be pulled for court history from ATC and to Southwest. I lost time from my job and paid for a Uber to the hotel and then the hotel room.I have endured a form of racism on the shuttle from the hotel when going to Midway in this situation the employee was in uniform when he made the comment.  I would like to be contacted and reimbursed for the hotel the Uber and my lost time at work, if this can not be resolved then I will need the contact information for legal then I will have it addressed in Conciliation Court.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Distress Passanger Voucher

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear your flight was cancelled and ended up costing you more money out of pocket. If you would like to discuss your experience with southwest directly you can reach out though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint 

-Blake

Re: Distress Passanger Voucher

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Every airline handles these types of situations the same way:

If the airline is responsible for the cancellation/delay (plane breaks, crew doesn't show up, etc), then it accepts responsibility and provides compensation.

If the airline didn't cause the issue (think thunderstorms, earthquakes, snowstorms, other acts of god), then the airline does not provide compensation. In this case apparently ATC caused the issue -- not Southwest. 

As suggested earlier, you may want to contact the airline. You may be able to get a voucher

as compensation for what happened with you.