Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do away with the MASK!

eatapeach
Explorer C

It's time as customers that we stop flying and make the airlines suffer and start listening to us in lieu of our stupid politicians! If the cabin air is exchanged every several seconds as the airlines claim we shouldn't have a problem anyway. If you are so concerned about getting the virus then get your shot before you fly and leave those of us alone who take care of our health and immune systems. Remember a virus does not kill only a compromised immune system does so concentrate on being healthy and quit your crying!   

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Do away with the MASK!

jksobonya
Aviator A

lol - as much as I may agree to do away with masks, the rules are in place to protect everyone until legitimate risks have subsided. I do think that mask restrictions will eventually be lifted as more people are vaccinated and/or become immune to the virus because they've already had it.

But I think that Southwest and airlines in general have suffered enough. I am just happy that SWA is still in business after all of this. 

--Jessica

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@eatapeach Yes, be selfish and infect others because you don't want the enormous inconvenience of wearing a mask. How often do you fly???

eatapeach
Explorer C

So maybe we should have been wearing mask around all the smokers we encountered over the years? Do you complain about all the poisons that sprayed on your fruits and vegetables? Do you request to the restaurant kitchen they rinse your salad off before serving it to you? Do you drink from plastic containers?  I hate to inform you but there are a lot more serious problems to worry about instead of a flu.  Have you looked at the rise in cancer rates lately do you complain about all these things I mention above to stop cancer!  Get a life if you're afraid of getting the flu go live in your bubble and leave the rest of us alone.

gsking
Aviator C

I'm more selfish than you.   I want my SWA air fares to be cheap.  That means more of us need to fly to keep the seats full.   

So I disagree with your notion that not flying is good for any of us.   In fact, it's downright counterproductive,  Covid or otherwise. 

It's an FAA directive.   Do you find yourself berating children for following their parent's rules? Seems like you would. 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@eatapeach We use glass containers in my household. We generally buy organic fruits and vegetables when we can. It isn't my area of research, but I have a highly cited paper in the Journal of Organic Farming looking at the relationship between the glyposate usage and cancer rates (the link is scary). I've decided to keep wearing a mask while flying for the foreseeable future because of the risk of many different communicable diseases.

I'm touched that you feel so strongly about not only your right but your desire to endanger the health of others. Possibly killing others is fun! However, your comparisons are terrible. A better comparison would be should we ban smoking in public because it is dangerous to those around them, and my answer to that is that we generally should and do.

eatapeach
Explorer C

First of all I'm 61 years old and have not been sick or to a doctor since high school.  I understand that neither disease or virus kills only a comprised immune system so as for me spreading a virus I obviously have not since I haven't been sick. 

Would you stop using your cell phone because the magnetic waves are killing me so I will tell you stop being selfish and throw your phone away. If you have concerns about getting sick stay at home! 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@eatapeach  Sorry, I'm vocal about wanting SWA to continue with masks, in fact, I wanted them before the pandemic.  So there.  If your so sensitive about being asked to wear a mask, stay home.  In fact, you've just encouraged me to send multiple communications to customer relations supporting their mandate of masks.  Thanks for the push.  

eatapeach
Explorer C

You obviously missed the point of my story, I am staying at home lol! The downside will be my tax dollars bailing them out when they go broke! AGAIN!

Consultant
Explorer A

May God save us from the insufferable busybody.  I cared for my completely disabled son for over 20 years with a severely depressed immune system.  I never asked a single person to do anything aside from telling the occasional child to back up and don't kiss my son.  To demand that others comply to your wishes or your imagined slights is the most insidious form of selfishness.  If you fear that other people might infect you, STAY HOME.  We often kept our son home for his safety.  Not once did I EVER think I had a right to impose upon others for his sake or mine.  This generation is mentally broken. 

Your safety is you responsibility alone.  None of the rest of America should feel responsible for your health.  This is not a commune or a communist country. No matter if you take a car, bus, or airline.  You either take it as it is, or don't get on.  There will be a growing number of people that SouthWest and all airlines will be allowing to fly without a mask.  If that causes you distress, stay home.  I will not be wearing a mask.  You are powerless to change that or to even make me uncomfortable about it.  Why, is simply not your business.