Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do you think I will be able to go on my trip in August??

brendadear0613
Explorer C

I have a flight for august 9th-18th for my vacation to Tampa. I dont know if it will be OK to travel at that point. Seems like a long time away but some people are saying this will be going on for a while. I booked the flight about a month ago- I dont kno whether to hold off or cancel 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Do you think I will be able to go on my trip in August??

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Whether you decide to go or not, don't cancel now, there's no benefit to canceling now. Hold on to the reservation, check often for lower prices and reprice it if it drops, then as we get to August decide if you want to to go. Between now and August a lot could happen. If your flight gets canceled you could get a cash refund instead of travel fund credit. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Do you think I will be able to go on my trip in August??

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hold off, especially if you just booked your flight. If it gets closer to that time and there are any flight restrictions or cancellations, Southwest may cancel your flight which would in turn give you a refund. In addition, if you decide to cancel yourself, the money you spent on your flight can be used towards future travel for a year, so if you booked last month you would have until February 2021 to book a flight with those funds.

--Jessica