Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Documents needed for Infant (4 Months)

Zbowers24
New Arrival

Hello,

I am trying to book a reservation, I am flying with my 4 month old infant and due to COVID 19 he doesn’t have a birth certificate yet, city hall is closed and are only doing mail in applications for birth certificates. According to the TSA traveling website it says that I can use his immunization records for proof of age? Is this true with SOUTHWEST airlines? I have his immunization records, Medical card, and SSN.

please help I need to book my flight 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Documents needed for Infant (4 Months)

dfwskier
Top Contributor

He does not need proof of age for travel within the US. TSA does not require proof of age for anyone less than age 18.

chgoflyer
Top Contributor
Solution

@Zbowers24 wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to book a reservation, I am flying with my 4 month old infant and due to COVID 19 he doesn’t have a birth certificate yet, city hall is closed and are only doing mail in applications for birth certificates. According to the TSA traveling website it says that I can use his immunization records for proof of age? Is this true with SOUTHWEST airlines? I have his immunization records, Medical card, and SSN.

Southwest requires a birth certificate for any child under age 2 if they're flying as a "lap child" (you're not purchasing them a seat).

(When they're obviously well under age 2 you may not have to show anything. If you do, the immunization records may suffice.)

Lots of info here: Baby on Board

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

@chgoflyer wrote:

@Zbowers24 wrote:

Hello,

Southwest requires a birth certificate for any child under age 2 if they're flying as a "lap child" (you're not purchasing them a seat).

(When they're obviously well under age 2 you may not have to show anything. If you do, the immunization records may suffice.)

Lots of info here: Baby on Board

We have used immunization records before to justify a lap child. 

Anyway - you can book the flight now, you only need the records when you show up to fly.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.