Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does Southwest airlines not understand the severity of a global pandemic????? Heartless

haveaheart
Explorer A

Treated with horrible customer service. NO understanding. NO compassion. Southwest airlines does not understand that we PAY EXTRA in order to fly with them due to them attracting us with their flexible policy. There are plenty of airlines that are cheaper than them, but I pay the price for southwest because of the 1 year travel fund policy. They don't understand this is a service we pay for, and that a global pandemic cuts short that 1 year flexibility that we were owed and promised when we bought a ticket. They don't understand that by us being responsible citizens and not flying, they are punishing us for that. This is so wrong it should be criminal of them. They are being so heartless and so senseless. Please, someone petition to change this! This is ludicrious idiocracy. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Does Southwest airlines not understand the severity of a global pandemic????? Heartless

bec102896
Aviator A

As of now Southwest is sticking to it’s policy of travel funds being valid for a year from when you originally purchased your flight. This could change later on so I wouldn’t cancel your flight until day of travel in case southwest were to cancel your flight because of the ongoing situation that way if the flight is cancelled they might be able to help you with extending travel funds. Also by waiting it gives Southwest time to re-evaluate and possibly make a policy change. 

As of now all of the major airlines are giving customers a year from when they booked to use the travel funds so it may take another airline to change policy before southwest were to change. 

-Blake 

Re: Does Southwest airlines not understand the severity of a global pandemic????? Heartless

Biancanoel177
Explorer C

I agree. After all this, i’ll never book with Southwest again

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Biancanoel177 wrote:

I agree. After all this, i’ll never book with Southwest again

You do realize that every airline is doing the same thing SW is doing,

So people on the United blog are saying the same thing you are

as are people on the Delta blog

as are people on the American blog

eta, etc, etc