Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

llz0316
New Arrival

I lost my vaccination card, but got QR code for my digital vaccination record issued by CA. Can I show the QR code instead of hardcopy vaccination card ?

 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

Information about digital passes that are accepted can be found here

https://www.hawaii-guide.com/hawaii-travel-restrictions

Governor is also asking tourists to not travel to Hawaii. 

 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

gsking
Rising Star

This is interesting.   They managed since November just testing people.   Now,  they started letting in vaccinated people without getting tested.   And now cases are spiking so badly they don't want people to come anymore. 

 

And yet so many people here are frothing at the mouth that if flight attendants don't get vaccinated,  the world will end. 

 

Do you people understand how naive and illogical you look? 

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@gsking wrote:

This is interesting.   They managed since November just testing people.   Now,  they started letting in vaccinated people without getting tested.   And now cases are spiking so badly they don't want people to come anymore. 

 

And yet so many people here are frothing at the mouth that if flight attendants don't get vaccinated,  the world will end. 

 

Do you people understand how naive and illogical you look? 


 

So, obviously, you're conflating things that have no connection. And exaggerating what others are saying. And again you're making illogical conclusions.

 

Hawaii's current covid crisis is primarily among unvaccinated residents. It's estimated that only 1%-2% is caused by tourism. Letting vaccinated tourists in did not lead to the increase in covid cases.

 

Unfortunately, Hawaii is under a lot of stress right now, from multiple directions. The state is struggling with staffing issues (as is happening in many places). Maui has freshwater shortage issues. Tourists are causing problems with major roadways. There are supply chain issues affecting places like restaurants and bars. And most importantly, the covid surge triggered by delta + unvaccinated is causing ICUs to fill up.

 

The governor has asked tourists to postpone trips as a way of reducing some of that stress.

 

When people suggest that Southwest mandate vaccination for employees (admittedly not all people, some are misguided), it's as an effort to reduce the spread of delta. It isn't about me worrying that a flight attendant will infect me. Southwest's employees represent a large number of various positions, flight attendants only represent a small portion. Mandated vaccination would reduce potential delta spread. And right now, the US should be doing everything it can to reduce the spread if we're ever truly going to get back to "normal."

 

I'll note, as I've said before, that it's very unlikely Southwest will ever have a vaccine mandate, because politics. Any mandate would put them afoul of Texas governor Greg Abbott. They've currently been using employee incentives to help raise vaccination rates, I suspect they'll move to disincentives at some point, along the lines of what Delta just announced.

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

PetertheProphet
Active Member

@chgoflyer wrote:

@gsking wrote:

This is interesting.   They managed since November just testing people.   Now,  they started letting in vaccinated people without getting tested.   And now cases are spiking so badly they don't want people to come anymore. 

 

And yet so many people here are frothing at the mouth that if flight attendants don't get vaccinated,  the world will end. 

 

Do you people understand how naive and illogical you look? 


 

So, obviously, you're conflating things that have no connection. And exaggerating what others are saying. And again you're making illogical conclusions.

 

Hawaii's current covid crisis is primarily among unvaccinated residents. It's estimated that only 1%-2% is caused by tourism. Letting vaccinated tourists in did not lead to the increase in covid cases.

 

Unfortunately, Hawaii is under a lot of stress right now, from multiple directions. The state is struggling with staffing issues (as is happening in many places). Maui has freshwater shortage issues. Tourists are causing problems with major roadways. There are supply chain issues affecting places like restaurants and bars. And most importantly, the covid surge triggered by delta + unvaccinated is causing ICUs to fill up.

 

The governor has asked tourists to postpone trips as a way of reducing some of that stress.

 

When people suggest that Southwest mandate vaccination for employees (admittedly not all people, some are misguided), it's as an effort to reduce the spread of delta. It isn't about me worrying that a flight attendant will infect me. Southwest's employees represent a large number of various positions, flight attendants only represent a small portion. Mandated vaccination would reduce potential delta spread. And right now, the US should be doing everything it can to reduce the spread if we're ever truly going to get back to "normal."

 

I'll note, as I've said before, that it's very unlikely Southwest will ever have a vaccine mandate, because politics. Any mandate would put them afoul of Texas governor Greg Abbott. They've currently been using employee incentives to help raise vaccination rates, I suspect they'll move to disincentives at some point, along the lines of what Delta just announced.


Maybe they wouldn't be struggling with staffing issues if they didn't force employees to wear masks or get tested.  And I highly doubt Hawaii is "stressed" the same way NYC and Vegas are. 

 

It's kind of hard to be "stressed" when you're outside in a tropical paradise. 

 

Plus, Southwest just announced a vaccine mandate, so all the paranoia about avoiding Hawaii sounds like elitist propaganda. People just want to claim Hawaii for themselves, that's all.

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

PetertheProphet
Active Member

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Information about digital passes that are accepted can be found here

https://www.hawaii-guide.com/hawaii-travel-restrictions

Governor is also asking tourists to not travel to Hawaii. 

 

--TheMiddleSeat


I highly doubt that the governor is asking tourists not to travel to Hawaii since Hawaii is dependent on tourist money. All the famous Youtube vloggers and TikTokers have been to Hawaii this year and testing was the only issue for them. So if this guy has his vaccine records, then there's no reason he shouldn't go since the process would be even easier. 

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

@PetertheProphet wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Information about digital passes that are accepted can be found here

https://www.hawaii-guide.com/hawaii-travel-restrictions

Governor is also asking tourists to not travel to Hawaii. 

 

--TheMiddleSeat


I highly doubt that the governor is asking tourists not to travel to Hawaii since Hawaii is dependent on tourist money. All the famous Youtube vloggers and TikTokers have been to Hawaii this year and testing was the only issue for them. So if this guy has his vaccine records, then there's no reason he shouldn't go since the process would be even easier. 


You could just look it up yourself.  Too hard?

 

hawaii nogo.PNG

 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Does state digital vaccination records counts for Hawaii travel vaccine exemption

krissyyten
New Arrival

Hey there! Was wondering the same thing. Were you able to board with the digital vaccination QR code? I also lost my Covid vaccine card, but do have the Smart Health digital pass issued by CA.