Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Donating Frequent Flyer/Rapid Rewards Points

Kattmilk
Explorer C

Hi, I'm new here, so I'm not sure how this works. But I'm trying to get home to see my little niece who's been sick for Christmas. I live in Florida, but she lives in Alabama. I almost have enough rapid reward points for one way ticket, but I am still short. Does anyone know any programs that Southwest or any other company may have that donates frequent flyer miles to those in need?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Donating Frequent Flyer/Rapid Rewards Points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I’m only aware of Southwest’s programs that go to registered charities such as shown on this page:

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/promotions/donate-points-charity.html?clk=GSUBNAV-RR-DON...

From where in Florida to which AL city? Southwest covers parts of Florida fairly well but coverage in Alabama is limited to Birmingham or areas near Pensacola.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Kattmilk
Explorer C

Hi, thank you for your response. I'm trying to fly from Ft. Lauderdale to Birmingham. Ft. Lauderdale is a busy hub for most airlines, but Birmingham isn't. Thus, the flights there are limited and EXPENSIVE. 

I'll think of something. I missed her birthday earlier this year because I had to work, but I REALLY don't want to miss Christmas with her. 

Thank you again for your advice. 

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

If you know someone with Rapid Rewards points, they could transfer the points you need to you, but there is a fee.  You also could purchase the remaining points.  Other than what's been mentioned about the charities, I'm don't think there are any other options.

Kattmilk
Explorer C

Thanks.