Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Donation for Event

LindsayGD
Explorer C

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could direct me in the right direction! My friends and I are hosting an Adult Prom in March of next year to raise money and awarness for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. All of our proceeds will go directly to this organization and we are currently looking for business that would be able to make a donation to our silent auction. This is our first event and we are hoping for a great turnout!

I was employee of the LUV airline many, many, many moons ago and I know how we all pulled together in times of need. If this isn't the right forum,  please let me know where to go!

Thank you so much

Lindsay

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Donation for Event

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

Here is a link from the homepage about national charity donations:

https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/southwest-difference/southwest-citizenship/charitable_guidelin...

This one was for "local" donations:

http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=5058&x_quiz_id=6626&x_order...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TiffanyV
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @LindsayGD, my name is Tiffany and I help to moderate the Community Outreach discussion board. Thank you so much for your interest in Southwest Airlines. As @DancingDavidE mentioned, we are accepting donations through our online portal.

As I’m sure you can imagine, we do get asked by many deserving organizations for ticket and monetary donations as well as sponsorships. From a charitable standpoint, Southwest Airlines provides direct support to various qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, particularly, those providing direct services to their constituents and most critical need situations that also fall within our current areas of strategic focus: Families Facing Serious Illness, Military and their Families, Disaster Preparedness and Response, and the Environment.

Should you wish to request donated tickets for domestic U.S. travel if you are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; our local charitable request process for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations is online at www.southwest.com/donations. Should your organization have a future event that is more than 60 days away, we encourage you to submit an application. The online format is for ticket donations only, usually in the 2-4 ticket range. Applying for tickets, even for organizations meeting the application criteria, does not guarantee that tickets will be granted, and we suggest that all organizations read through our guidelines prior to applying.

Thank you for considering Southwest!

Kind Regards,

Tiffany
External Communications
Southwest Airlines Community

LindsayGD
Explorer C

Hi, 

Thanks for responding. I guess it's just a bit confusing, while I don't work directly with The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and Awareness, the Charity function that we are hosting will have 100% of the proceeds donated to this charity.  So filling out the online form didn't work, lol!

But, Thanks again!!

Lindsay!