Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

EAA Oshkosh announces refunds as EAA canceled Great Example for SW

MeddleSeat

Experimental Aircraft Association Oshkosh Wisconsin (ten thousand airplanes) announced they re refunding everyone who booked for the fly in due to the Virus.

A once a year event & they will loose all that $ and not get a Government Bailout the size that SW will. Y cant SW make good & refund my fare instead of sitting on my $ in the lock box?

As a senior this unforeseen Epidemic is a financial burden bigger on me than SW & their

Clever Policies that know just how to push the letter of the law?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: EAA Oshkosh announces refunds as EAA canceled Great Example for SW

dfwskier
Top Contributor

So, EAA is providing refunds AFTER IT CANCELLED the event.

How is that any different than

Southwest providing refunds AFTER IT CANCELS flights. ?????????????????????

edit add: since SW was doing it first, maybe Southwest was a great example for EAA.

Re: EAA Oshkosh announces refunds as EAA canceled Great Example for SW

MeddleSeat

You really are good at deflecting the issue:

IF A senior citizen books a cheap flight not finding the camouflage fine print and the Senior ons willing to accept 1/2 of his airfare back on his credit card & my airfare was $659.00 & dropped to $99.00 why cant SW refund 1/2 my airfare to my credit card to mitigate? I have raised that question plus the tiny fine print not user friendly to a Senior & if I read your sarcastic response I would wonder why you keep repeating the Company Policy and dont acknowledge the Epidemic has caused mitigating circumstances let alone why SW cant give even half my$ back on my credit card. Did Sw train you to write like a Politician or does it come naturally. You evaded my issues again and try to bully me w your sarcastic comments.

Why dont you get your buddies from Sw to see if my flight was canceled they have my $659.00 and you d think they could add people to the call center w everyones $ that they are holding in the lock box. Your comments bring to mind "withholding information is worse than a lie. Giving a reply that does not address the issues and being so smug is disgusting and deceitful. Which bring s to mind when your lips move the truth doesnt come out.