Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Voucher Request

p20551
Explorer C

Re:

New policy where passengers with travel dates between Mar 1, 2020 - May 31, 2020 who cancel their reservations can request a credit for EarlyBird fees paid. It will be a voucher good for one year that can be used for a future flight.

What is the most efficient way to request this voucher? I just tried calling SW and there was an 82 min wait time!

If I email via the SW website, what Classification should I use to make sure this gets to the right department?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Early Bird Voucher Request

p20551
Explorer C

BTW, I read this new policy in the USA Today article, so need confirmation that this is even true.

p20551
Explorer C

Update: the request I emailed via SW website, sent to classification: customer service, has already replied. Per email, as a gesture of goodwill, I am being sent a voucher in a separate email within next 30 days.to be used as credit towards a future flight (no indication of expiration date). Cannot be used for EB purchase. This was in reply to a flight I cancelled for travel date Mar 19, 2020 and I paid for EB.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I believe the vouchers are good for as year, and as vouchers they can be used by anyone - unlike travel funds which can only be used by the originally ticketed passenger..