Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Email receipt

radias
Explorer C

Contacting customer service for a reciept is ridiculous and really not helpful to businesses who have employees who travel and have trouble keeping track of their receipts. Every other airline we give our business to has a way for customers to access ACTUAL RECEIPTS from their websites. We love you Southwest, but honestly, epic fail.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @radias. We circulate the suggestions, requests, and ideas that we see pop up in this forum to the appropriate groups for consideration. Knowing what's important to you will help us improve the Customer experience on Southwest.com, so thank you for taking time to post! 

Billboardlover
Explorer C

I just experienced the same problem.  I had to call in, as I never received an email.  The cust service agent directed me to the manage reservations as others talked about on this page, and she could not figure out where to find a receipt with the pricing / payment info either.  She ended up emailing me a receipt.  However, I shouldn't have to do this and take the time to do it.  It should be in two places - 1)Under the "my trips" section of the RR "My Account" page, and 2) Under the "Flight", "Manage..." page.  Thanks.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Billboardlover,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry you had a difficult time getting the information you needed - usually the confirmation email works for folks needing to turn in a receipt for expense purposes. That said, we're always interested in knowing how we can make your experiences better, so thank you for posting in the Community.

CanyonMan
Explorer C

Getting a receipt for a purchase from most any vendor on the web is incredibly easy.  Check Amazon, or Marriott, or United.  But Southwest just doesn't do it.  Please share the luv and help us business travelers share the "transfarency" by being able to get a receipt of travel, pre or post trip so we can work on our expenses on those wifi flights!

thanks!

cuhrmunken
Explorer B

Not solved. That works only after the completion of the itinerary. I, and I think many travelers, try hard to finish reporting expenses by the time we get home. Doing so erases one source of stress that otherwise eats into the too-brief time I have with my family on weekends.

Hey Southwest: please acknowledge that your competitors will allow me to generate a receipt at literally any time after I make a purchase. It's your call what you want to do with that observation. Please do not dodge that by re-posting advice to 1) look at the initial email or 2) contact customer service.

cbouras
Explorer C

I have the same issue and it's likely a frequent issue for many customers. I called the number above and it works, but it would be much easier if a receipt could be requested online for an upcoming trip. Evidently this is not an option.

Explorer C

Question - For years i have been sent my Southwest receipts to my email address and now I no longer receive them.  I understand i can sign in and go to manage reservations, etc... however this is such a HASTLE!  I want a confirmation email and original receipt sent to my email address after purchasing my trip.  I fly often for work and must submit my receipts, ideally the original receipt as the one online is highly modified and brief.  I never changed my account so not sure why i am no longer receiving an original receipt.  I receive them for Delta, American, etc...it is strange.  thank you for the help!!!

OFT42
Explorer C

A 3 page email is not a receipt.  I wasted too much time printing an email, then take a photo of the portion of the email that details the expense.  Then upload to my computer and then convert to a pdf.  I then save this file and then I can attach it my Concur expense account.

Really not worth the trouble.  

I do not understand why they make it so difficult