Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Email receipt

RonCogs
Explorer C

Hi Everybody,

How do I receive a receipt for my flight , if I can't retrieve the original e mail ?

Ron

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Email receipt

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

All you need to do is go to southwest.com and click the "Flight" link at the top of the page. Then on the left side of the box that pops up, go to "Manage Reservations." That should get you what you need.

aradad
Explorer C

Hello I looked at the reservation management section and it does not show the reciept for my flight. I know you were having email issues the night I made my flight, but never recieved the reciept. Thanks

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @aradad,

Have you tried the solution listed above? If that process doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to us through the Contact Us page on Southwest.com for help with a specific Customer Service need. 

janeweinfeld
Explorer B

This still does not give you an actual receipt with the cost of the flight. I'm trying to do my business expenses. I can't find anything that gives me anything useful to sumbit to my company. Please help!!

janeweinfeld
Explorer B

And why should I have to plug in the confirmation number? If I'm logged in, shouldn't the website know what reservations I have? Very frustrating website despite being and incredible airline. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @janeweinfeld,

If you need a receipt that shows the form of payment, you'll need to contact Customer Relations for assistance. They can be reached here.

thomaskolditz
Explorer C

I don't understand why I can't go to my flights on a website, click once or twice, and get a receipt.  It seems more cumbersome to contact Customer Service for routine matters.  I prefer to contact Customer Service when something isn't quite right, or I have a complaint.  Like now, for instance.

tschlageter
Explorer C

I'm just as frustrated.  I've even filled out the online form multiple times and keep getting directed to that place on the website that provides my itinerary but not the actual receipt.  There must be a better way, Southwest!

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Are you looking for a receipt for a past flight or a flight you have not taken?